One of my most favorite events every year since I was a small child, The OC Fair, started last weekend and I could not be more excited! The OC Fair takes place every summer at the OC Fair & Event Center at 88 Fair Dr. in the city of Costa Mesa, California This year the fair will be held from Friday, July 13 – Sunday, August 12th.
I want to share with all of you an awesome deal to get into the fair for an economical price that is offered through the Metrolink and the OC Fair Express Bus! With this deal you can pay only $4 for admission to enter the OC Fair on weekends, which is normally $14, so you can save $10! When you purchase a metrolink train ticket, an OC Fair Express Bus ticket is also included for free when you show them your Metrolink ticket. Even better, the OC Fair Express Bus drops you off at the front entrance of the fair! Enjoy delicious food, fun rides, exciting attractions and great entertainment.
Tickets are available to be purchased on the Mobile App or from the ticket vending machines (TVM) located on the Metrolink train platforms. You must purchase a ticket prior to boarding the train and present your valid ticket to the fare inspector upon request.
There is also a $10 Weekend Day Pass available for Saturday or Sunday, which gets you unlimited rides and unlimited transfers for the day with Metrolink lines and certain OCTA routes. To see all Metrolink train routes and schedules, visit link here –> Metrolink Train Routes. To find the nearest Metrolink Train near your location, click here –> Metrolink Train locations.
There are three simple rules when purchasing Metrolink tickets:
- All Metrolink tickets must be stamped with today’s date to be valid for boarding connecting transit (Monthly Passes must be for the current month).
- Metrolink tickets are good for free rides on most local transit services only. An additional fare payment may be required for express or other non-local bus service.
- Just show your Metrolink ticket to the driver or attendant upon boarding your connecting transit service.
If boarding only the OC Fair Express bus, with no Metrolink ticket, bus rides are $2 each way or 75¢ for seniors 60+ and persons with disabilities and you receive $4 fair tickets as well! Buses run and depart from 10am to midnight. There are 9 locations in which you can board the OC Fair Express Bus which include the Anaheim-ARTIC, Santa Ana, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Laguna Hills, Orange, Anaheim Canyon, Irvine and Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo stations for a direct ride to the OC Fair! You can purchase on board, or with the OC Bus Mobile App. See schedules for OC Fair Express buses below.
Here are a few easy riding tips that are pretty awesome about the OC Fair Express Bus:
- Children 5 and under ride free with fare paying adult (limit 3 free children per paying adult).
- Current OC Bus pass holders and valid Metrolink tickets from connecting trains are also valid on OC Fair Express.
- If paying cash on board, have exact change ready. The farebox does not make change or accept bills over $10.
- Use OC Bus mobile app for easy payment. Have phone ready with app open when boarding.
- When traveling to the fair, purchase a round-trip pass for $4 or $1.50 for seniors/persons with disabilities, then simply swipe your pass on the way home.
- Always board through the front door. All buses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Arrive at your bus stop 10 minutes early.
- No smoking, vaping, eating or drinking on the bus.
Last, but not least, to WIN 4 FREE TICKETS & 3 RIDE TICKETS, please feel free to head over to my social media pages, either Instagram or Facebook to enter my contest to win a Family 4-Pack of tickets to the OC Fair along with 3 VIP ride tickets!
In order to enter to win, there are 3 simple steps. (4th one is extra entries)
- simply like my page and Metrolink on fb or follow me and Metrolink on Instagram.
- Like my post on either Facebook or Instagram page
- Tag 2 friends under the post.
- For extra entries, feel free to share my post and enter contest on both Instagram and Facebook.
Winner will be announced on both Instagram and Facebook on Wednesday evening & tickets will be mailed out shortly after. Winner will be selected at random and all entries on Facebook and Instagram will be entered into a hat and one lucky winner will be drawn. Good luck! See you at the fair!