With New Years Eve quickly approaching, I am sure many of you are looking for fun events to attend. Every year, I try to do something different and last year was no exception. Last year for New Years Eve, I attended the OC Fair New Year’s Eve Block Party at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, California and we all had a blast! I would first like to give a little background about the Orange County Fairgrounds.
The OC Fairgrounds is a large piece of land centrally located in Orange County that houses the Orange County Fair year after year and there are also a multitude of different events held at the OC fairgrounds throughout the year. Some weekly events include the swapmeet every weekend, food trucks every Thursday for lunch, and a farmer’s market on Saturday mornings. In addition to these weekly activities, there are also events that occur for every hobby you can imagine. I have grown up going to the jewelry shows there with my mom and as a young girl in girl scouts, I participated in the Youth Expo selling crafts for my troop, as well as performing karaoke in 1987. I also performed in a singing and dancing group called Kids Are Music in August 1986. (See Photo below) 🙂
Last year when we attended the OC Fair Block Party, there was a variety of different gourmet food trucks, several different bands performing, DJ’s, areas to dance, and carnival rides. We had a blast walking around to the different venues to hear the many different styles and genres of music, eating different types of foods from different gourmet food trucks, and of course getting our buzz on by hitting up the many different cash bars that were spread out throughout the venue. We did not end up taking advantage of any of the carnival rides.
We had a blast dancing the night away in one room that had a DJ with popular top 40’s style music and we spent the countdown at midnight watching the 80’s band, Flashback Heart Attack with lead singer, Don Bronze. They are always a fun band to see, as they play at local bars in Orange County weekly, including the White House in Laguna Beach on Saturday nights and The Harp Inn in Costa Mesa on Friday nights. They also do private parties and large events, such as the block party last year. This assures me that the bands are top notch as year, there is a whole new exciting lineup to see. See website for details.
Items this year at the venue included in the General admission ticket price are as follows:
- All tribute band performances (standing-room only)
- DJ & dancing
- A seat at the NYE Bash Demolition Derby (general admission)
- Free Vegas-style games with great prizes
- Access to gourmet food trucks, cash bars, and other food and beverage options (prices for food and beverages vary)
- Carnival Rides (free and unlimited for super slide, bumper cars, & super shot)
The OC Fair New Year’s Eve Block Party Celebration will be held this year on Monday, December 31, 2012 from 7:30pm – 1:30 a.m at the OC Fair & Event Center at 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 & parking will cost $10. This is an all ages event.
1) Like my facebook page, Dani’s Decadent Deals to get fabulous daily deals and tips to save.
2) Follow my blog at the bottom o the screen on this post here to get other exciting ways to save money and enjoy life to the fullest.
3) (this one applies to those of you that are already my facebook or blog fans) If you are a facebook fan already, Start following my blog at bottom of page and leave a comment on any article you want 🙂 If you are a blog follower, also fan me on facebook and send out a status update giving me a shot out:) Thanks:)
I will announce a winner for this contest on Sunday, December 23, one week from today’s date. Good luck in the contest and Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!! For more details about this event and the OC Fairgrounds, please go to the OC Fair & Events Center website here. 🙂 Thank you for reading:)