There is an awesome offer that goes on at Sea World every year for teachers that I would like to share with you. Links have been updated so far for 2016 for Florida & San Diego below! Enjoy all of the information below as this program stays just about the same each year.:) I have to admit I was a bit hesitant about writing this article because of the Blackfish movie (which I still have yet to see) but I know there are some very strong opinions
regarding this film and the Sea World Parks. In no way am I trying to cause any sort of argument or debate about that movie or it’s relation to Sea World in this article. I simply want to share with others that are in the teaching profession, like me that they can get in FREE to Sea World all year long and have the ability to invite 3 others for FREE throughout the year! This offer is open to in the three US states in which Sea World Parks exist. Sea World Parks are located in Orlando, Florida, San Antonio, Texas, and San Diego, California!
“The education staff at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment invites you to visit your local Sea World Park and let us help inspire you. For several years, SeaWorld has offered a complimentary teacher pass for some teachers located in Florida, Texas or Southern California where our parks are located. The pass provides you with complimentary admission to the park and access to our education team to help you incorporate our knowledge, passion and experience with marine animals into your classroom. Each park has different eligibility requirements, so click on your local park to find out more. And when you visit our park, seek out our education staff located at many of the animal exhibits or ask to visit our education departments and we’ll be happy to share how we can help incorporate marine science education into your classroom.” – From the Sea World Website
Below I will give a breakdown of different details necessary for Sea World Teacher Passes in the three different states where there are Sea World Parks.
Passes in Orlando are available for all active, certified K-12 Florida teachers! See all details about FREE teacher passes for Florida here –> SEA WORLD TEACHER PASSES.
Some basic facts include:
- Teacher passes have been offered in Florida since 1998 and the pass is valid for unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando through December 31, 2016.
- It is easier than ever to get your Teacher Study Pass, just pre-register online and skip the lines. Within five business days eligibility will be verified and a Teacher Study Pass will be emailed.
- Teacher Study Pass expires do not include admission to select special events, parking or discounts on food or merchandise.
- If you are an active teacher without a Florida teaching certificate you may bring a letter from your principal on school letterhead verifying you are an active K-12 teacher at that school. All you have to do is bring the letter along with your recent paystub and photo ID.
With a Florida Teacher Study Pass some Special Offers include:
- Save $30 on single-day admission tickets to SeaWorld® Orlando for up to six guests now through May 16, 2016
SeaWorld San Antonio
These Teacher Sea World Passes are available to all credentialed Texas teachers! See 2016 link for San Antonio teachers here –> San Antonio Sea World Teacher Passes.
Some basic facts include:
- The Texas Teacher Pass is valid for unlimited admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio through September 7, 2015.
- To obtain your Teacher Study Pass, register online using the ID.me process to receive your eVoucher.
- Registration must be done online and is NOT available at the park.Online registration must take place by May 31, 2015. You can redeem your eVoucher at any SeaWorld kiosk in exchange for your complimentary Teacher Pass. You must redeem your eVoucher at the park by July 31, 2015 or your eVoucher will expire.
SeaWorld San Diego
These San Diego Teacher Passes are available to California & Arizona credentialed teachers. See LINK HERE to sign up for a teacher card for San Diego!
Some basic facts include:
- The Teacher Fun Card is valid for unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego through December 31, 2016.
- Just register online using the ID.me process to receive your Fun Card eVoucher.
- Registration must be done online and is NOT available at the park. You can redeem your eVoucher at any SeaWorld San Diego kiosk in exchange for your complimentary Teacher Fun Card. You must redeem your eVoucher at the park by June 30, 2016 or your eVoucher will expire.
- Fun Card offer not valid with any other discounts, promotions or special offers. Fun Card admission is valid through December 31, 2016. This pass is not valid for admission on: May 24; July 3, 4 & September 6, 2016.
Have fun at Sea World and share some of your experiences below! Also, if you are one of those people with a friend that is a teacher, I would inquire about their extra FREE passes or discount program available in their state. In California, I was able to get three FREE passes for others to visit with me throughout the year and an option for $80 annual passes for others or $66/day passes for my guests. Have fun!
For other Amusement Park deals see my articles about Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Knott’s Berry Farm by clicking blue links here. 🙂
To subscribe to my blog to get weekly deals like these and other dynamic ways to save and to live champagne dreams on a beer budget, simply scroll down & enter your email address where it says to follow blog via email. You will then receive an email asking you to confirm subscription. Simply confirm subscription and you will be subscribed. 🙂 Thank you for your time and feel free to spread the word to others that want to learn all different kinds of ways to save money on food, travel, shopping, and products:) Please feel free to like my facebook page, Dani’s Decadent Deals as well to get daily deals everyday for everything from clothing, travel, restaurants, activities, adult events and kids’ events. 🙂 Have fun saving!!!
That’s a good offer for teachers. After watching Blackfish however I don’t think I could ever go there.
I still have yet to watch that film, but I believe there are 2 sides to every story. I love Sea World:) I am going next weekend!
This is really great, but I am not a big fan of Sea World. or any other places that have tiny places for animals.
Thanks for the comment.
Wow. The highlight is the Polar Bear. I want to see it in person lol. Sea World is a must visit.
Most definitely! Hope you get to check out Sea World soon! There are so many awesome animals there! 🙂
My family loves Sea World San Antonio. We take advantage of discounts and coupons because there is so much to see and do…most importantly so many laughs and memories for my family which will last a life time. Thanks Sea World. Another Proud Texas Teacher
Thanks so much for your comment Monica from this California teacher:) It is so awesome that they have this promotion for us! Such a great place! Have fun at Sea World and have a great summer! 🙂
Do you have to show your ID to pick up your tickets once they’ve been ordered?
You bring in the printout from the computer and yes I do believe they ask for your id when you arrive at the park to make sure it is you:)
Hi, the link for San Antonio Teacher Fun card is here! I just followed the steps and voila!
You are awesome! Thanks so much! Will add to my post now:)
How about Nevada teacher swishing to visit your park?
According to the website, it is only California, Texas, and Florida, but it would not hurt to call and ask. Good question:)
I heard (?)that the Blackfish movie was not 100% on the up
and up; that it was more of an unbalanced hit piece done
by a very biased ( more radical perhaps?) group and did
not seek to treat the subject at hand
with fairness towards Seaworld. I’venever seen the
movie so I can’t speak to that claim , but I have been to
Seaworld in the past and the animals seemed
to be doing well—and the staff seemed to demonstrate
a caring, positive attitude towards the animals–so
if tickets that are being offered are free anyway, I’d say give
Seaworld a second look, reserve judgement on both the
Blackfish movie & Seaworld itself till all the dust settles down
and truth gets sorted out, and take the kids out on that fun,
educational outing and enjoy the day bonding with your families
I have never seen the movie, but I do believe there are 2 sides to every story. I think Sea World is a great educational experience and as a teacher, I am so thankful we have this program. 🙂
Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this web site regularly,
this website is really nice and the people are truly sharing nice