The OC Fair has once again returned for another fabulous year of food, fun, rides, games, animals, live performances and more! The theme this year is “Farm Fresh Fun” and the fair will be running until August 13th, so make sure you get to visit really soon! 🙂 I have went three times so far this year, so check out my photos throughout this post to see all of the awesome fun that you can have at the fair!
This past weekend I was invited to a media event to check out a few of the new fair foods and mingle with some awesome vendors that can be found at the fair.:) We got to try the Krispy Kreme fried chicken ice cream sandwich from Chicken Charlie’s which was among my favorites! See the list below of all of the new Fair foods offered this year! 🙂
Other new fair foodie items this year include:
- Unicorn Nitro Pop, a cotton candy ring around a colorful cup of kettle corn and whipped cream, submerged in liquid nitrogen (also available: Nitro Whip) – RCS Cowboy Kettle Corn
- 5-pound barbecued pig leg; bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts, grilled on a stick with olive oil and rolled in parmesan cheese; pineapple on a stick, wrapped in bacon, grilled and rolled in parmesan cheese – Bacon A Fair
- Fried peanut butter meatballs, luau chimichanga, pupu chicken, Krispy Kreme ice cream chicken sandwich – Chicken Charlie’s
- Fried octopus on a stick, deep-fried ravioli on a stick – Pignotti’s Pasta
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos on several items: pizza, Big Daddy corn dog, cheese fries, corn in a cup or on the cob –Enzo’s Pizza, Biggy’s and The Corn Shack
- Chocolate chip cookies that come in a cone or a bucket – Cathy’s Cookies
- Corn dog with spicy buffalo sauce, served with bleu cheese dressing – Don Crutchfield corn dog stands
- Unicorn pineapple bomb and unicorn freeze – D&D Country Fair Cinnamon Buns
- Cowboy sundae (with beans, beef and more) – Chuckwagon
- Gelato donut sandwich – Fabe’s
- Mini donut sundae – Mini Donuts
- Maui Cowboy Ghost Pepper Cheeseburger – Tasti Burger
- Non-dairy Dippin’ Dots – JK Dots
- Sonoran hot dog and a CA burrito – Noel’s Mexican Foods
- Kung pao chicken, chow mein and more – Eddie’s Asian-Inspired Cuisine
- Australian Battered Potatoes, celebrating its 30th anniversary, will feature their specialty with a new spicy chipotle sauce – Australian Battered Potatoes
There are a bunch of new items that have been added to the fair this year! Check out the list below! 🙂
- The Knights of Valour will command the Action Sports Arena with full-contact jousting.
- Master chocolatier Stéphane Tréand will showcase his art in the form of chocolate. He will reveal trade secrets in patisserie, chocolate and sugar.
- The Minivan Mashup Demolition Derby will draw cheers as the most-despised vehicles meet their demise.
- Venture into the world of esports at the iBUYPOWER GameFest, a gaming exposition and competition featuring Oculus Rift demos and a live video game tournament with prizes up to $10,000. There will also be free-to-play games and exhibits.
- Fermentation Farm will offer guests an overview of fermented foods and drinks including a free sample of kombucha.
- Marvel at XPOGO, an extreme pogo stick demonstration.
- TV personalities, including kid chefs, YouTube stars, cookbook authors and mixologists will demonstrate their talents and offer tastings.
- New rides include the gigantic Le Grande Wheel XL, a super-sized Ferris wheel with 36 air-conditioned cabins sending riders soaring high above the Fair.
- Step up to the olive oil tasting bar and sample the winners of the Fair’s first California-grown olive oil competition.
- The new Heroes Hall veterans museum will be open during the Fair and admission is free with Fair tickets.
- New culinary competitions include liqueur and salsa-making.
- Visit the Visual Arts Building and step into Kiel Johnson’s vision of an awe-inspiring urban community garden – handcrafted in cardboard and paper – where fairgoers can create fruit, vegetables and flowers to be part of the display.
As always there are some awesome fair Discounts and promotions that are outlined below!
Discounts are honored during the specified timeframe. Please arrive early to enjoy all promotions. We Care Wednesday donations are accepted at public entrances (Blue Gate, Yellow Gate or Green Gate) noon to 3 p.m. Donations are not accepted at Gate 5 off Arlington Drive.
All reserved seats in the Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena include Free DAILY admission to the fair!
Also, if you have saved your San Diego County Fair or Ventura County Fair ticket stub they are each good for one free admission at the OC Fair, July 14-Aug. 13!
Active Military & Veterans
Active-duty military and Veterans receive free OC Fair admission and are eligible to purchase 1/2 price general admission tickets. Promotion is valid all 23 days of the 2017 OC Fair. Military ID required. Free admission is not applicable for spouses or dependents. A maximum of six 1/2 general admission tickets may be purchased. This offer may not be combined with any other offers.
Read & Ride
Bookworms ages 5-11 can read 2 books to earn 3 free carnival rides.
Click here to download the book report form. Completed book report forms can be redeemed for ride tickets at the Centennial Farm Information Booth during Fair hours.
We Care Wednesday
FREE OC Fair admission and one free carnival ride per person every Wednesday during the OC Fair with a donation to a local nonprofit organization. (Donation request is different each week.) Acceptance of donated items is at the discretion of the OC Fair. Promotion is limited to one free admission ticket and one free carnival ride per person. Guests must be present with donation to receive free ticket. Ticket is only valid on the day of the donation drive.
|Clothing Drive – August 2, noon-3 p.m.
Donate 5 clothing items
|School Supply Drive – August 9, noon-3 p.m.
Donate school supplies valued at $5 or more*
*Receipt required. Items accepted: pens, pencils, notebooks, crayons, notebook paper, backpacks, colored pencils, markers and pocket folders.
$30 Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristband
Enjoy all the rides you can handle for one price plus 2 free games. (Sold until 5 p.m. Valid until 8 p.m. Wristbands must be purchased onsite. Required Fair admission sold separately.)
$3 Taste of Fair Food
Enjoy $3 samples of select Fair treats. Click here for a listing of food offerings for $3 Taste of Fair Food.
Valid noon – 4 p.m.
Children 12 & under receive FREE Fair admission all day.
$30 Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristband
Enjoy all the rides you like for one price plus 2 free games. (Sold until 5 p.m. Valid until 8 p.m. Wristbands must be activated onsite by 5 p.m. Required Fair admission sold separately.)
Seniors Day (60+)
$2 discount on Senior admission plus FREE Ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides all day.
$2 Rides and $2 Games
Rides and games are only $2 each in the Main Carnival and Kiddie Carnival. Valid noon – 4 p.m.
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
Best Deal Ever! (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
*NEW*- 1/2 price general admission 1/2 carnival tickets to ride. This offer may not be combined with any other offers.
FREE Off-Site Parking (Weekends Only)
Free parking and shuttle service is available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol Street exit of the 405 Freeway. Follow the signs to “Experian.” The shuttle operates from 10 a.m. – 1 a.m. Saturday & Sunday only.
OC Fair Express
Take the OC Fair Express from 9 locations direct to the OC Fair and receive a coupon for $3 general admission (one coupon per person).
Bus Fare: $2 each way
Hours: Saturday & Sunday: 11 a.m. – midnight
OC FAIR EXPRESS – SENIOR PRICES
Bus Fare: Senior one way is 75 cents, round trip, $1.50
- Huntington Beach – Goldenwest Transportation Center
- Anaheim – Artic + Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station
- Fullerton – Fullerton Park and Ride
- Laguna Hills – Laguna Hills Transportation Center
- Irvine – Irvine Metrolink Station
- Orange – The Village at Orange
- San Juan Capistrano – Junipero Serra Park and Ride
- Santa Ana – The Depot at Santa Ana
Visit ocfairexpress.com for more information.
I hope you get a chance to visit the fair this year! There is always so much awesome stuff going on there. I have personally been there three times this year as you can see from my pictures and I still have two more visits that I plant o make before the 2017 fair comes to a close. Please let me know what your favorite fair food is this year in the comments section below! 🙂